Bob -
There are so many methods of alternative medicines, it would be hard for
the average person to keep up.  But there are many different systems,
which believe in meridians, chockras, etc, which "they" describe as
energy points.  For example, rolfing is one, Reiki
is another, kinesiology  is one of the best.  I truly know very little
about acupuncture,  only that I had it done and thought I got better
faster.  Also, with your permission, I could write you personally and
tell you of one time that I was much, much better as long as I did the
acupuncture, but  after I stopped it, it came back.  Don't give up on
alternative medicines yet.  After having worked in hospitals 25 years
before changing careers to the real estate business, I learned that
doctors could not and would not even consider any medicine except what
they were taught in medical school.  You probably know
that most physicians had only 4 to 8 hours on nutrition, and today
that has become a vital part in healing.  Who's to say it is "that" thing
that cause healing and who's to say it is a placebo effect.  I'm
here to say that what ever works, can't be criticized.  Best wishes
Bob, I love your input.  Jo Ann from Houston
here to