Hi all,

        It has been brought to my attention that I -- even with all of
     my yipping and yapping about quoting, MIME types, and HTML -- vi-
     olate common 'Netiquette guidelines.  And, I would like to apolo-
     gize to the list for that.

        There  is  a  'Netiquette guideline that suggests that "signa-
     tures" -- in my case, the bubble-font spelling of  my  last  name
     the  ASCII-art,  and  the tag line -- should be no more than four
     lines long.  Typically, my signature can vary between  8  and  12
     lines in length.  I apologize.

        Since  the  term "gobbledegoop" was used to describe my signa-
     ture, I'll assume that a large number of list-subscribers do  not
     have  the ability to change the font used by their mail client to
     read messages.  The term would describe exactly what my signature
     looked like if the reader was viewing it with a proportional font
     (Helvetica, Times, Palatino, and the like).  To  make  any  sense
     out  of  everything except the tag line, one would have to change
     their mail client's font to a mono-spaced font  (Courier,  Termi-
     nal, Typewriter, and the like).

        So,  rather  than  make  a  decision  based  on one opinion. I
     thought I might solicit input from other list-members.   *PLEASE*
     do this off-list to avoid cluttering up the list-mail with unnec-
     essary, off-topic responses.  But, if you would like me to  loose
     the  signature  or  keep the signature in my list posts (sorry --
     you're stuck with them in personal correspondence :-)  )  let  me
     know in a private, off-list reply to this message.

        Thanks, in advance ...

Bill--
  ...who says that a blow with a word strikes deeper than a blow with a sword.