On 14 May 2000, at 19:09, Charles T. Meyer MD wrote:

Bob:
According to some sources Mindell has been sentenced to prison.  A review of
one of his works can be found at:
http://www.quackwatch.com/cgi-bin/mfs/24/home/sbinfo/public_html/04ConsumerE
ducation/NegativeBR/hbible.html?36#mfs

caveat emptor
Charlie

Hi Bob 'n Charlie,
Now I'm no big fan of Earl Mindell but Charlie.... When you say
"According to some sources Mindell has been sentenced to prison."
Then I gotta ask "What are YOUR sources?"

I looked on Quack Watch but found no reference to Earl Mindell
and a prison sentence.  His name is on a list (see below)

Nonrecommended Sources of Health Advice

Individuals
Robert Atkins, M.D. (to be posted)
Herbert Benson, M.D. (to be posted)
Jeffrey Bland, Ph.D. (updated  9/2/99)
Deepak Chopra, M.D. (updated 11/3/98)
Hulda Clark's Bizarre    Claims (updated 12/20/99)
Adelle Davis (posted 3/27/99)
Kurt W. Donsbach Sentenced to Prison (updated 1/15/98)
Earl Mindell (to be posted)
Gary Null (updated 5/19/99)
Bernie Siegel,    M.D. (updated 11/25/98)
SNIP

Now it does appear the guy above him (on the list) may have gone
to prison....

Regards .......... murray