On 17 May 2000, at 2:51, Ivan M Suzman wrote:

> Is there a drug called Pretavan? Or something like that?
> What is it? Is it often used to stop hand tremor?
>
> I have an older friend (81) who has asked
> me to please explain to him if "pretavan,"
> which his doctor has prescribed for
> tremor in the right hand, is the
> correct medication.
>
> I will be talking to him on Saturday, and would
> appreciate any information.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ivan  :-)

Hi Ivan,
Pretavan is not familiar to me or to the PD Drug Database.
First you must get the exact spelling of the prescribed med.
Then I suggest you might go to the wwweb resources page 17
and look for the Pharminfo Drug Database. You can search
that database by drug tradename or generic name. Good luck.

As far as did someone else's Dr. prescribe the *correct* meds?
I would be very very cautious in that discussion......

The data you discover is an educational base to assist in
better understanding your meds when you discuss with your
prescribing professional.  The Index URL is listed below....

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html