On 19 May 2000, at 22:16, Rose Rowton wrote:

> Hi,
> My husband has PD and has so much saliva in his mouth, he drools constantly
> wetting the front of his shirts, and if he bends over it just comes right out
> of his mouth.  He said he cannot control it.  Does anyone know if something
> can be done about it.
> Thanks in advance
> Rose

Hi Rose,
Dr. Calne mentioned this problem in his address to our AGM last week
and discussed treatment including botulinum toxin injections.

I looked on the NPF site and found this:

Drooling in Parkinson Disease: New Treatment, New Hope
http://www.parkinson.org/drooling.htm

Associated Links
http://www.parkinson.org/botulinum.htm
http://www.parkinson.org/texthtms/tbotulinum.htm

All the best ... murray

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html