On 19 May 2000, at 20:42, Constance Tate wrote:

> can anybody help
>        i wrote this but i can't find an email  address for her. any ideas
>  on how i can find it.  ivan gave me permission to ask.
> >     connie
>
> >    Dear Oprah

SNIP

Hi Connie & Ivan,
I think you will find that most production companies do not accept
unsolicited scripts or script ideas.

Very few shows and even fewer stars maintain a public email address.
(Or at least an address they will admit to!) Consider how you would feel
about tens of thousands of people sending you email, and just how
upset you would be if you didn't get a prompt reply.

The facts of life are that you can rarely if ever send mail and expect a
personal reply from anyone in a major starring role whether it is on
television, radio or movies.

However, you can always send mail to the star in care of the production
company that produces the show that the star appears in.

Virtually all the production companies maintain a staff that reads and
answers mail for the program and the stars.  Some personalities expect
that copies of all mail is sent to them, others will have copies of mail
sent to their own staff and still others will only read mail that someone
has deemed of special interest to the star.

Oprah is filmed in Chicago. Here is the address of the production co.

TVTalkShows.com:
Harpo Productions
P. O. Box 909715
Chicago, IL 60607
Oprah

Checking the address on the Internet I discovered that Oprah is an
exception to the above.  She has a web site - Online With Oprah

http://www.oprah.com/

Click on Email on the lower left side...

http://www.oprah.com/email/email_landing.html

Show Suggestions
Let us know what you'd like to see Oprah talk about

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_suggest.html

Have a great idea for a future show? Please fill out the form below,
type in your suggestion, then click "send."

So send your mail!  Someone will always read it and, who knows, you
may just get a personal answer from Oprah!

Best regards ........... murray

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html