I had to format my hard drive and am still reading the 300+ messages in
my box. I found this on the PD-UK list.:
Maryse

Prof Roger Pertwee form the Institute of Medical Sci. Aberdeen
University, has worked with cannabis and cannabinoids for many years.
Evidence to date suggests that cannabis depresses the activity of most
neurotransmitters, so it might be expected to make symptoms of PD worse.
However, cannabinoid receptors are clustered in and around the basal
ganglia suggesting they are involved in regulating motor function in
some way and presumably not just negatively, while neurotransmitters all
act in a relative way in any case.

He is very interested to hear from anyone with PD who has used cannabis.
He would like to know in what form it was used, what effect it had on
their symptoms and did it improve/worsen side effects (it is supposed to
be helpful for dyskinesia). Any communications would be regarded in the
strictest confidence. He can be contacted via any of the means below.

Roger Pertwee, Professor of Neuropharmacology

Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences

University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill

Aberdeen AB25 2ZD

Scotland, UK

Tel: National: 01224 273040

Fax: National: 01224 273019

Tel: International: Int Code + 44 1224 273040

Fax: International: Int Code + 44 1224 273019

email [log in to unmask]