Dear Don,
I know you don't like to ask the doc for help, but you and Vivian really
need to discuss this lack of appetite, nausea, and sweating with him,
because it could be a sign of a bigger problem. As an example, it could
be that your stomach isn't working as quickly as it used to. Slow
stomach emptying makes you feel full much sooner so that you don't want
to eat as much as you used to. It can also make you feel sick to your
stomach as you describe. That's just one example, there are many other
possibilities.

Your doctor should be able to help, and possibly should refer you to a
registered dietitian, one who understands PD. The dietitian can make
sure that you're getting all the vitamins and minerals you need to stay
healthy.

My very best to you and Vivian,
Kathrynne

Don McKinley wrote:

> this will bedifferent in the way i start out. being 76 and PD for 31 years you would think i would know the answer. live and learn i guest. i don't know who to ask. as my nero ask me a lot to help short timers it bothers me that i can't always give a good answer. mom and I got friends from teenager and our age. well for my ?. we had some people in with some children so we set out for some MACDONALD'S. i got a a small one and some ice cream. all i could eat was just 1/2 of hamburger. and my ice cream. it was supper time. i had not ate all day. they could not under stand it. I get sick at my belly,and break out in a sweat. nothing taste good. even get bad head ackes. mom says she just getting tird of cooking. as i won't eat. can't. i am not loosing weight nor gaining. drink 2 pots of coffee. i do not feel bad asking the LIST for help but hate to ask DOC.  for help. is it all in my mind or what. yesterday i ate 2 big spoons of mac.&cheese piece of pie. today so far nothing. am !
ge!

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/