Hi all...  Recently during a hospital stay, two of my PD meds were changed:

  A.   My agoniist -- Miirapex  to  Parlodel  (Bromocriptine)

   B.  My COMT  --  from Tasmar to Comtan (Entacapone) 200 mg/dose

        I would like to know:

        1.  My understanding is that Comtan needs to be taken with each dose
of Sinemet in order to boost the effectiveness of the Sinemet.  Is there a
window of time after takiing the Sinemet in which one may still benefit from
taking the Comtan?

        2.  I take this pill generally in fruit jelly.  It seems 'chalky' to
me and I often find I have a reflux reaction or upset stomach (no matter what
substance I use with it)..  Is this very common with this med?

    thanks

Barbara Blake-Krebs 59/44