Dear Irene,
You are very wise to gain as much information as possible about PD and
the medications used, good for you.

Both these meds are very good, but have different purposes. Also, they
both affect each person in quite different ways, and there is no
foretelling what those ways may be for you.

However, for excellent advice, let me recommend you ask Dr. Lieberman,
at the National Parkinson Foundation website. He will answer e-mailed
questions by follow-up e-mail, usually within 48 hours. I would give
your age, age at diagnosis, all medications you currently use (including
non-PD meds) and any information your neurologist has given you
regarding the need to use another med.

The NPF website is:

http://www.parkinson.org/dhtml.htm

Scroll down to " Ask Dr. Lieberman, NPF Medical Director"

and just follow the instructions.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/