Please Note the following website:
http://nccam.nih.gov/nccam/strategic/report.html

An agency has been set up by the Federal Government (US) to evaluate
Alternative Medicine.  The National Center for Complementary and Alternative
Medicine is now setting its agenda for thew next five years of research and
is looking for citizen input.

As most of you know I am not a fan of Alternative Medicine in most forms it
is practiced.  But I do feel that it needs to be researched both to find out
whar is useful as well as what is dangerous and what is neither dangerous
nor particularly useful. I think that this agency has the greatest
possibility of accomplishing this task- both to protect the public against
fraud which is rampent in this industry and inadvertent misinformation. as
well

In case you think that everything will be stacked against  alternative
medicine please read my post that follows which is an evaluation of
acupuncture which to me appear fairly well balanced giving it  credit where
it deserves it.

If you are interested in filing a comment with NIH's  NCCAM please go to the
website and follow instructions there.

Charlie