Hey Barb,

Yes! You're BACK on the List!
THANK YOU for fighting so hard to be with us!!

Now, your questions.
YOUR QUESTION #2:

Why the switch from Comtan to Tasmar?

 I ask every PWP that I run into, who happens to
mention using Tasmar:  Do you take 200 mg
per dose, 100 mg, or 50 mg (100 mg pills cut in half)?
The 200 mg dose might be too much for some people.

My liver enzymes are PERFECtly NORMAL.
I attribute my longer on-periods to
Tasmar.  PLUS, Comtan does NOT
cross the blood-brain barrier, or so I
am told; whereas Tasmar DOES.

About fruit jelly with your pills:

I think that your pills can be taken
with applesauce also.

 Or how about this:

This fall, I'll send you my famous Concord grape
jelly.  THis spring's grape leaves look better than
ever, more abundant, lusher growth.  My vines
are now ten feet high, and 30 feet long.

Any organic grape growers want to sponsor
a TELEVISION ad of me supporting grapes-
the natural way??  I gurantee you, my jelly
is OUTSTANDING!!

Ivan

On Wed, 17 May 2000 08:49:57 EDT Barbara Blake-Krebs <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Hi all...  Recently during a hospital stay, two of my PD meds were
> changed:
>
>   A.   My agoniist -- Miirapex  to  Parlodel  (Bromocriptine)
>
>    B.  My COMT  --  from Tasmar to Comtan (Entacapone) 200 mg/dose
>
>         I would like to know:
>
>         1.  My understanding is that Comtan needs to be taken with
> each dose
> of Sinemet in order to boost the effectiveness of the Sinemet.  Is
> there a
> window of time after takiing the Sinemet in which one may still
> benefit from
> taking the Comtan?
>
>         2.  I take this pill generally in fruit jelly.  It seems
> 'chalky' to
> me and I often find I have a reflux reaction or upset stomach (no
> matter what
> substance I use with it)..  Is this very common with this med?
>
>     thanks
>
> Barbara Blake-Krebs 59/44

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)