Dear Helen,
Welcome to the Parkinsn listserv. I believe you'll find many answers
here, as others have used both prescribed and non-traditional methods to
combat PD.

Many health professionals speculate that various antioxidants may be of
value in PD, possibly by slowing free-radical damage in the brain.
Coenzyme Q-10 and, I believe, NADH, are being studied for possible
benefit.  However, there is no indication yet that either is helpful. In
any case, antioxidants don't necessarily make you feel any better. Many
diseases, like bone thinning and high blood pressure, don't produce any
ill feeling. That is how they go undetected for years. Many antioxidants
do their work unnoticed.

> I've tried
> ENADA (NADH) without success and am now trying an antioxidant called Mycrohydrin
> and drinking some Sage tea.  I also read that FAVA Beans are good for the > > dopamine in the brain.

I believe if you go to John Cottingham's wonderful ARCHIVES and do a
search on Fava Beans, you'll find past posts from members who discuss
their use of it.

http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/

>  Would also like to hear from those of you who have explored alternative
>  options.

The archives should have posts on acupuncture, tuina, chiropractic,
mucuna pruriens, NADH.

I hope you'll find a great deal of information here at Parkinsn, and
maybe make some new friends as well.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/