>Great stuff John!  Now PieNet has not one but two(!) great Web sites, Janet's
>and yours.
>
>The only thing is, between my slow computer (486/16MB) and modem (28.8, often
use
>your site quite as often as I might like...
>But great work!

Frans:

Faster modems are available for almost nothing nowdays and since 1992, lots
of faster computers that people are now using for doorstops are yours for
almost the asking. The kind of memory used in that vintage machine is
almost free also. On upgrading the memory, just take your box to the place
with the memory and let them try fitting the proper type..cause memory
upgrading in a 486 is trial and error. If it works in the shop..it will
work at home.

Now you really have economic justification to make a change. :)

With 500 messages online now, the Threads page really works great in
keeping track of the many topics one sees in a week, allowing one to pick
and choose which ones to read.

There is an old 'Yank' saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't
make him drink". P-I-E-N-O is just an extension of parkinsn. Those that
can't handle the volume of mail leave with their feet..daily! P-I-E-N-O
tries to meet the needs of those kinds of people..those that could use our
help.

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn's List Online messages at:
         http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the navigation ads and use the new search tools
John Cottingham