Date sent:              Mon, 22 May 2000 23:24:14 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Joan Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: How *Worms* Are Transmitted    Was: Re: Maybe: Non PD
To:                     [log in to unmask]

>  I thought if I used earthlink for my ISP I had to use Outlook
> Express........I guess that's  not so....How do I get
> Pegasus..........also, ..I used McAfee and it didn't pick up
> anything......yet when I used the free Semantic it did a better
> job.....and scanned twice the number of files that McAfee
> did........Joan Hartman.... ----- Original Message ----- From: Marling
> McReynolds <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 8:16 PM Subject: Re: How *Worms* Are
> Transmitted Was: Re: Maybe: Non PD
>

> > I too use Pegasus, and never open mail in my browser.  I feel so
> > lucky that I have the McAfee VShield which has caught the worms
> > before I was infected. I too have deleted Outlook express as I don't
> > like it, and I'm glad that I did now.
> >
> > good luck to others
> > Marling
> > 51/5
> > still trying to laugh
> > (great day, began falling about 8am and have hit the floor at least
> > 3 times already today.  PD is so much fun, NOT)

For anyone who is interested, Pegasus Mail has several websites, one
of which, I believe, is <http://www.pegasususa.com>.  If that doesn't
work, do a Web search on "Pegasus Mail" and the download the
latest version.

Pegasus Mail is a free program (if you want a paper manual, you can
buy it) which was developed by a man named David Harris in New
Zealand.  It has always been free, and the program is a full version
(not a "light" version like Eudora Light).  It is extremely powerful and
may be a little complicated to set up for a novice, but I have been
using it for over 5 years and it is great.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"