Hi Again David and all,
Seems your visit to the dr. raised more questions than it answered.

There are checklists and a description of a neurologic exam in
the links at WWWeb Resources 09 - Doctor Visit.  Go to:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html
Read the disclaimer and click on The Index....

Then next time you go perhaps you will ask enough questions
to ease your situation and get a little comfort and rapport with the Dr.
(Ya gotta get a dr. you can trust and like if you have Parkinson's)

All the best ......... murray

David Meigs wrote:

> Subject: Sounds like I'm not alone!
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Several weeks ago, that twitch I sometimes get in my finger turned into my
> > whole hand shaking, so I mentioned  that to my doctor.  Then it happened
> > right in front of him.  He asked me if I did it on purpose!  I was kinda
> > hurt and angry that he would even think such a thing.
> >
> > He sent me to a neurologist, who after an MIR and a second visit said that
> > he wasn't convinced about what was going on with me (but he sure heard him
> > loud and clear when he said PD).  Between the lines I felt like he was
> > accusing me of just making all this stuff up.   ERRRRRR!
> >
> > Another thing that didn't make since was his reaction when I asked him for
> > some kind of pill to help me relax.  I told him that I used to take a drug
> > called mellerile that helped me through a difficult time before, and he
> > almost came out of his chair.
> >
> > I thought he was very defensive in his reaction, as if I was trying to
> prove
> > something to him.  What was that all about?  Does anyone know if there is
> > tie-in there somewhere?  Is there something I don't know?  I left his
> office
> > thinking I might be nuts.
> >
> > I am 43, a husband, and father of five.  I don't have a clue about any of
> > this.  One thing I AM SURE OF,  I DON'T MAKE THINGS UP!
> >
> > If I don't have PD then GREAT!  But what IS GOING ON WITH ME?  I have a
> > million questions, can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David M.  aka:"pappy"

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html