Hi John 'n Phil and whoever's payin' attention....
Being a Canadian of a curious nature I thought I'd try your
http://www.state.xx.us/ suggestion.... I tried California...

http://www.state.ca.us/

And the headline front 'n centre is..........
California Medicare Recipients Can Now Obtain Prescription Drugs
at Rates Far Below Retail
http://www.governor.ca.gov/briefing/camedicare.html

Barb M, didja know this??   Joe Bruman??
(wholesale? + a 15 cent *not %* processing fee sounds reasonable)

Hava sunny California day ......... murray

On 28 May 2000, at 4:18, Phil Tompkins wrote: (in part)

> Your question about state unemployment insurance assumes that
> when you are terminated as disabled you can receive state
> unemployment insurance.  Unemployment insurance is usually
> temporary insurance intended to provide some money until you are
> working again. If you are permanently disabled, would you still be
> eligible?  Ask your state unemployment insurance office, if you can
> reach anyone there who knows.  It would depend on your particular
> state's laws.
>
> Is termination for some reason other than disability, such that you
> could receive unemployment insurance, possible?
>
> Some states have their laws on-line.  You might start looking for
> them at http://www.state.xx.us, where xx = your state's postal
> code. Also check the state labor laws and your employer's
> personnel policies covering procedures and basis of termination of
> employees.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Phil Tompkins

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html