From: [log in to unmask] (Rebecca Hudson)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 10:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: seeking anesthesia info

Dear Listmembers,
I am hoping someone might  be  able to  give me some specific
information about
the experience of having had general anesthesia, i.e. what  specfic drug
was used and was there any pre-op / post-op
drug(s) given, such as demerol, zofran, decadron, sublimaze.  (I have
checked the achives and have   read about reactions and results, but
nothing about the agent used....or what drugs they were taking at that
time.)

I am preparing for a June 6th appointment
to have some dental work done, and all of us who are involved prefer
that I am
sedated.  I have had  PD for apprx 20 yr
(diagnosed Sept 1982)  I am worried about this because just in the year
of
1999 alone Doctors in 4 hospital stays
and 2 nursing home stays, I was put on and taken off over 20 drugs and
no one was concerned about  the abrupt approach (no tapering off) except
me.

The oral surgeon that was recommended
says he uses Propophal.  Has anyone heard of this sedative/anesthetic?/
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am 54 yr, 5'4'',  115 lb
I currently take:
sinemet
comptan
seraquel
clonazepam
temezapam
estradiol
medoox  ?progesterone
paxil*
*it is my understanding  that some sed. agents release seratonin and can
cause premanent problems. true or false?

My neuro doctors (2) are not interested--
said to ask oral surgeon.  I did. He says safe....but not how many PD
patients  he
has treated.     Forgot to ask.
thanks, Rebecca
I receive digest form of postings.   Please send replies to me directly
as well as to list?