To: Chris vander Linden

    It is all well and good to protest abot the high cost of perscription
medications and the high cost of surgical procedures.

    We are not, many  of us, in a position, to go on a "meds strike".  By
the way I pay, or rather my employer's insured benefit plan covers our - my
wife's and mine - drug costs as follows: on the first $5,000, employer pays
80%, employee pays 20% to a yearly maximum of $1,000 after which employer
pays 100%.

    Perhaps it would be a useful thing to have the third party payers unite
against the drug companies and their rapacious pricing.  This would hold
true in Canada for the government drug enefit plans.

    I wonder how many patients actually pay for their meds?

Cheers,

Bill