Hi All:

Michael and Joan et.al. made wise decisions about their website.  Although I
sympathise with those who for whatever reason cannot upgrade to
pentium-level computers, it makes sense for the MJF site to be designed for
those who can.  From my first quick pass through the site, it is apparent
that this site is designed to appeal to those who care about PD because MJF
has it.  For the rest of us, whose families are already struggling with the
disease and its financial burdens, the site can serve as a very comforting
confirmation that SOMEONE is finally bringing the realities of the disease
to the masses.  And, as a web designer, I know that 80% of internet users
already have the Flash player since it is bundled with both Netscape and IE
versions 4 and above.  Flash is particularly useful to designers because the
results will look the same to both Netscape and IE, and to Mac and PC users
(and probably Opera and Unix and Linux and just about anything else out
there).

Perhaps Michael and Joan can will add a straight-text version. We may wish
to strongly recommend to them that they ensure that special events like the
chats they hope to do in the future be highly accessible to all-abled - both
physically and hardware-ily!  I'm sure it's been a flat-out race to the wire
for the designers to get the site up to take maximum advantage of all this
publicity.  And, I'm convinced they made the right prioritization.

Many thanks and congratulations and blessings to Michael and Joan.
Mary Jean Gunden