  here i go sticking my neck out again ---
  with all the attention about research i am wondering if there has been any
on the life style changes since ww 2.  what i find on looking back isthat
the meeting place of teens in 40s and 50s
was the malt shop or soda fountain and preferred drinks were
milk shakes,malts,ice cream sodas etc.
    as tract homes moved families out of cities the malt shops
and soda fountains disappeared--  the malls became gathering
places for teens   and  choice of beverage was soft drinks in cans.
filled with who knows what chemicals in addition to aluminum---
which we know causes health problems in small children.
   could there be any possibility of this change from calcium
rich natural beverage during puberty  to the less healthy soft
drinks? any opinions?
  sincerely
     connie tate