     When we retired we thought about building a new home on Possom

Trot Lane about a dozen miles east and a little north of Indiana University.

However, the old knees gave out and Sugarlump is a PWP  so we decided

to get a little house with a little yard with some little raised gardens.
We

went back to a retirement party where we worked for a third of a century in

northern Illinois and everybody remembered Possom Trot Lane and many of

the other names from Monroe-Brown County, Indiana.    There's Gnaw Bone,

Lickskillet,  Bean Blossom (that's where Bill Monroe has the big annual

bluegrass festival), Stony Lonesome, Pike's Peak, Stone Head, Greasy Creek,

Bear Wallow, Weedpatch Hill, and many other interesting names.

     We have some friendly possums who raid our gardens.