Hi David and Welcome,

Your symptoms could be PD or something else including something functional
i.e.. anxiety related -although that is less likely.  PD is difficult to
diagnose prospectively although it is easy to diagnose retrospectively. That
is- It is simple to look back at someone who is diagnosed with the illness
and say a group of symptoms that someone was having were symptomatic of the
condition but when a diagnosis  has not been made the symptoms individually
can be similar in many conditions and it often it hard to put them together
as one disease state.

In your case a twitch progressing to shaking can be several things that your
neurologist must separate,  including anxiety.  Some MD's tend to discount
symptoms that they can't diagnose and blame the patient for their own
inability to make a diagnosis.  Those are doctors to avoid!

You mention a drug which had been prescribed for you "mellerile".  If we are
talking about the same drug-  "Mellaril" (thoridizine)  can cause abnormal
movements if taken in larger doses and for extended times.  What dose were
you taking  when and for how long?  The condition is caused tardive
dyskinesia and is a withdrawal phenomenon of the drug.  Also  Mellaril while
you are taking the drug blocks dopamine transmission which can cause a state
which looks like Parkinson's.  Therefore it would be important  to know as
much about how you responded to the drug as possible.  Your MD probably
reacted so strongly and took it out on you because Mellaril would have been
inappropriate in PD and if you have tardive dyskinesia (which is unlikely)
there could be a question of liability regarding the prescribing MD.

I agree with others who have suggested you see a movement disorders MD for
definitive diagnosis.  If you are in a managed care setting suggest to the
neurologist that you be seen for a consultation.  That would limit the
amount they would need to pay out but would get you a more definitive
diagnosis and better start of treatment.

David,  I am sure that you are not making things up and if you are being
treated
that way it is important to clear the air or get another doctor.

Charlie