I am somewhat bemused by the posts on these subjects. I smoked 4 packs/day
for thirty years and quit about 12 years ago when spots were discovered on my
lungs. I drank 6-8 cups of caffeinated coffee until I developed PD 1 1/2
years ago and read somewhere that caffeine was a no-no for pwp. So I switched
to decaf coffee in greatly reduced amounts and switched to green tea for
those rare occasions when I drank tea. Now I don't plan to start smoking
again even if it were proven to be neuroprotective, but I sure could revert
to my old coffee drinking style in a heartbeat. Is anyone saying with
authority caffeine or no caffeine?

Paul H. Lauer