John
I know I'm running a "classic lite" (a.k.a. boat anchor) here
I know it is past its "economic life span".  Unfortunately it is not yet past
its "fiscal life" (i.e. I don't have the money for a new one).

Also, I did not mean to belittle your site. You've obviously worked hard a it
and it shows. You can be proud of it!

But in technology there are always trade-offs. Using Java and sound result in
much longer loading times. That may be well worth it if it benefits the user
(e.g. ease-of-use), but playing soothing background music does not seem to be
germane to the purpose or operation of a PD site.  My preference would be to
make the sound optional. (I happened to be listening to a radio anyway, so I
turned down the PC's volume.)

--
Frans van Duinen
     (416) 652-8580