Dear listmembers,

Just one example how US citizens living in the USA are totally ripped off by
their own US companies (which is, I believe,  the result of the free-market
and the lack of governmental intervention; of course taxes are lower in the
US):

100 tablets Permax in the USA (at Walgreens):  $ 367.00  in Bf 14.680

100 tablets Permax in Belgium (at any pharmacy): $ 154.00  in Bf 6135  (at
least 90% of this drug is reimbursed to all patients)

I used a conservative exchange rate of 40 Bf to the dollar,

Sending Permax or any other anti-PD drug to the USA may to some of you be
beneficial (mailing may cost an additional $ 10.00)

It is the duty and obligation of US Parkinson support groups to put pressure
on the companies and the government to do something about this ridiculous
discrepancy between prices from different industrialized countries.  You can
ask for a lot of money about a cure for Parkinson, but it doesn' t
immediately help those who suffer from Parkinson, who cannot afford the
right anti-Parkinson drug combination.

Greetings,

Chris van der Linden, MD
St. Lucas Hospital Ghent