KATHRYNNE WROTE IN PART:.

>It's preferable to control constipation without the use of laxatives and
>stool softeners as long as possible, as all medications bring the
>possibility of adverse side effects. However, intractable constipation
>can lead to bowel impactions and other concerns, and must be dealt with.
>The neurologist will be familiar with constipation/PD and can provide
>appropriate help.

I agree with the philosophy here, but have to say that not all neuros will
be helpful re: constipation---some feel it's not their "department", sad to
say.  Should this be the case, be aware that there is much info on various
PWPs' experiences in the list archives, including a "Constipation Protocol"
and other documents  for "tough" cases.   Since impactions can kill, it
must not be ignored.

The "Protocol" can be found in several places, including the CAREWebsite
at  this URL :
        http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           also, on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for