The conclusion of a 5 year Double-blind placebo controlled experiment
has resulted in a tentative conclusion that two plus two equals FOUR.
A spokesman for the Research team said 'The findings should provide a
new insight into the difficult subject of prescribing drugs for the
treatment of Parkinson's Disease'

Procedures; The study was carried out using a team of volunteers
who were all Neurologists between the ages of 25 and 30 years.
Using a double-blind random selection technique they were grouped
in pairs and locked into cages, with two pairs in each cage.

After five years, the subjects were released  and counted. To
the amazement of the Research team, the average number of neurologists
in each cage was Four! ( Eight of the cages contained only three
neurologists, but this was anticipated in the study, knowing how anti-
social some neuros can be. An unexpected result was obtained wherein
six cages were found to contain 5 people in each cage. The spokesman
became rather agitated and refused to discuss this result.

In summary, this new finding will have repercussions whenever
prescriptions are produced, and in future in the manufacture and
packaging of drugs, all of which can be approached confident in the
knowledge that Two plus Two Equals Four. (At a 95% confidence level)

No, I haven't flipped just yet: This bit of whimsy was provoked by
the report concerning Ropinerol and Dyskinesia, which must come high
in the list of statements of the obvious. I wrote this e-mail 7 days
ago, when the Ropinerol report had just been published, but I labelled
it Humour because it was, the start at least. It sank without leaving
a ripple, so this time its serious. Am I the only one to find this
report,( and the similar one published some months ago on using
Ropinerol to treat early symptoms), a total waste of money?
 Even more worrying is the fact that they nearly failed to prove
their point in this latest report, because of the way in which the
procedure was defined

Surely any neurologist worth his salt could ,after about two minutes
of concentrated thought, make a confident and accurate prediction of
the result of this study.

On the other hand, maybe they would not predict the outcome correctly:
I have my model to help me, and it has not let me down yet. This is a
classic case showing research groups, without a working model, being
forced effectively to poke the problem with a big stick, and see if
it gets bitten off!

It is obvious that the Ropinerol people are going to work their way
through the age ranges , and the whole Parkinson's Circus ( Patients
included) Are going to congratulate them on a splendid piece of work.
I think it is a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.

I just had a mischeivous thought: I don't see why the other Dopamine
Agonist manufacturers should not read the Ropinerol result across to
their drug, with no further testing...... Any comments?
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (60/39/34)