Thanks, Victoria, for mentioning this excellent  article--something we try
to avoid thinking about---though we know we should.   I checked the website
and thought it very worth while.

>And covering living wills and
>health care directives:
>
>Charting a Course of Comfort and
>Treatment at the End of Life
>By DENISE GRADY
>(May 30) In an era of high-tech medicine when
>aggressive treatment seems to be the norm,
>ensuring a quiet death is far from certain. But the
>answer seems to be low-tech and old-fashioned,
>though by no means simple: conversation.
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/science/
>health/053000hth-living-wills.html
>

>* Part One: At Life's End, Many Patients Are Denied Peaceful
>         Passing (May 29, 2000)
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/science/
>health/052900living-wills.html
>
>Victoria Nordli cg

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           also, on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for