Ivan-- Juanita puts it very well.   As a non-pro CG I can testify that
there are times when I lose it, and may "yell"--but I'm not being PAID.
 Look at what sort of things seem to produce that reaction in him--what you
DO or just as importantly DON'T DO that seems to aggravate him.  I know you
don't want to lose a good CG, but abuse (verbal as well as physical) is not
OK.
If things are "hot", can you back off on your side and let him cool down,
till you can talk, as you suggested?  "Time out", as with a child, may
work, too.    Could there be other things going on in his life that are
causing fallout in his care of you?  Has there ever been a threat of
violence VS you?

>Ivan, I have no idea what your circumstances are. However, having been
>a professional caregiver(CNA) for many years,shouting at a client,
>patient whatever is not acceptable behavior. If the situation is
>intolerable for the caregiver they are supposed to make arrangements
>for relief as soon as possible. Let me stress again, never are they to
>in any way
>to react negatively with the person they are caring for.Caregivers on
>the other hand are only human. Therefore if you(the patient) are
>difficult to deal with, you just might want to look at your own
>attitude!
>There are always two sides to any senario.
>Good luck in working this out!
>Juanita CG for George 74 dx 98

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           also, on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for