My tremor is on the right side of my body, beginning with my right
hand/arm, progressing to include my leg/foot,  eye ball and
sometimes the entire right side of my body.  Two years ago, after 3
fun filled years, I found that the tremor is now on the left side as
well, though not as often nor as pronounced.

About a week ago I began to have trouble with my left eye.  I
thought I was developing a nervous tic in the eyelid and headaches.
Since I have been recently diagnosed with Diabetes, I decided it
was time to see the eye doc (even though it has not been 2 years
since the last complete exam).  He had a cancellation today and I
went in.  He asked nearly as many questions as my neuro ( I am
so lucky to have caring and thorough docs).  He wanted to know all
about my pd (again), my gout, and my diabetes.  When he did the
exam he not only checked my current lens prescriptions, but
dilated my eyes so he could check out the insides too.  He talked
about the problems pwp have with their eyes ( he has looked a
great deal of it up during the last 5 years since I was diagnosed)
and about the diabetes.
He told me the good news and the better news.  The good news
was that I have no retinal damage from diabetes yet.  The better
news is that my eyes are getting better.  This sounds strange, I
know. He said that as we age our eyes shrink.  Since I have an
astigmatism, the eyeballs are apparently shrinking to better
shapes and thereby getting better.  I need new glasses, with lighter
prescriptions.   The only bad news is that I have the beginnings of
cataracts, but they should not bother me for sometime he said.

Tomorrow I go to the dentist.  She have told me that as the PD
progresses, they may try to get my insurance to pay for quarterly
exams instead of annuals because, she said, pwp in more
advanced stages often have poor dental care due to the physical
limitations. She said I should get an electric toothbrush, water pic
or something like that.

such fun we all get to have
Marling
51/5