Ginny,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not sure whether I should answer you on the list or not, but
here goes-- anyone not iinterested can delete right now......

I haven't posted anything to the CANWC list yet. I tried last week and the post was rejected, but I
do plan to try again. Our Tutoring Centre is open until the end of July, so I had hoped to have
some student help in pulling together a web page before then. But you're right-- not all of us are
around in the summer, so it's not the best time to begin such a project. However, the response to
my initial post here has been good, so we can at least get started. What I'll do is get a partial
list of institutions and contact names together and post it to the lists in the Fall. That way,
people will see that we're making progress and might be more willing to contribute.

As for your list of discussion topics-- I've archived it and always meant to begin addressing some
of the issues you brought up. However, I find myself so busy _doing_ this job that I don't have
time to talk about what I'm doing. And it's only going to get worse as I'll be
supervisng/training/coordinating Math tutors as well as Writing in the Fall. (Also, my partner in
crime, Bob Byrnes, will be on sabbatical and I'll be teaching his tutoring course as well as my own
and coordinating the computer lab as well.....)

Despite this rather daunting list of responsibilities, I do want to connect with others in Canada
who are doing similar things. I find that discussion lists are often a quick (and fun) way to keep
up with ideas (and people) in the field. Which is why someday I will get that web site up and
running-- more people will find us and get in on the conversation.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Janice