At 01:12 PM 5/30/00 -0400, you wrote:
>It's all well and good to be willing to reveal your PD or any other
>illness to the world and relieve yourself of the heavy burden that you
>are carrying, but in reality it's not so cut and dry.  There are many
>variables to consider before you divulge something as personal and
>devastating as your deteriorating health.  Especially if your income,
>health insurance, and your families' standard of living depends on your
>earning potential.  I would advise anyone to consider the pros and cons
>as they pertain to their particular situation before jumping into any
>decision.

When i was first diagnosed I was in denial for about a year so i didn't
tell anyone, not even members of my family. i made a consious decision not
to tell my employer until I could hide it no more.I worked for the Oregon
Department of Revenue as an Industrial Appraiser. This had me out in all
kinds of industries. meny times it would be a team job. That is there would
be 2 or three of us. I was on one of those field assingmements when some
Sinemet upset my stomoch and up came my dinner. One of the othe appraisers
reported this to our Supervisor. he went to me to ask what was wrong. So I
told him. he never asked asked me about it after that. So I told him what I
thought he neded to know