I was told years ago that all Neurologists are Board Certified Psychologists,
how about it you Neurologists out there, is this true?

Years ago, before my SIL died with Lymphoma, he was sent by the
Coleman company, for whom he had worked for 19.5 years ,to a
Neuro-psychologist. He died before a definitive work up was finished.
Autopsy proved diagnosis!!!!!

IMOHO, I think there is a tendency in the USA to do a COA operation.
Doctors get sued right and left, and they want to do everything possible
to confirm their diagnosis.  Which, in cases of Clinical diagnosis, it is
sometimes hard to do.

If you don't have the kind of PD where you have all sorts of tremors
or involuntary movements, they one should be prepared to be treated
as a "Whacko" until its obvious to the whole world what is wrong with you.

My suggestion would be, if you are not comfortable with your Doctor,
then change!!!  You should have a good relationship with whomever
you will be spending a lot of your time with in years to come.  You may
have to go to several Doctors before you find one who is confident
enough in his own abilities to listen to you, and let you have a choice
in your treatment.

Also, the Psychologist my first Neuro sent me to, hypnotized me, and
it did help my balance problem.  Which at first, was my only symptom,
I couldn't stay standing!!!  It was if someone hadn't caged my gyro--
try explaining that to any Doctor who doesn't have his Pilots License
and watch the look on his face!!!!!
Been there, Done that!!!

I should think that now with all the publicity MJF has gotten for PD,
that any Doctor should at least be willing to think of Zebras when
he hears footsteps, at least for a second or two.

As Ever,
Marjorie 67/12