Judy - There is nothing in the world better than okra and tomatoes.
(well, maybe one thing, but we won't go into that right now) just cut up
two pieces of bacon and saute' it with onions, then add cut up  okra
about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and saute' some more, then add a can of diced
tomatoes
Goes great with cornbread.  We southern Texans can eat it until November
and when it is on sale, i buy pounds and pounds of it and cut it up and
freeze it for later use.  If you want to, you can come to Houston and
visit, and I'll "fix you up".  Jo Ann from Houston