Hi All,
Is There a Support Group in Your Area?

This is a perennial question.  How can we answer it?

To start with we have Parkinson's Organizations Worldwide.
There are links on the WWWeb Resources at
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html

I went to the Parkinson Foundation Canada homepage and was
most surprised to find they do not seem to even mention the word
support group!  On the other hand... Our buddies in the US...

The National Parkinson Foundation lists over 1000 active
Support Groups throughout the United States and Canada.
http://www.parkinson.org/support.htm

Locate Support Groups by Area Code
http://www.parkinson.org/acodemap.htm

Click on the area code that you want in order
to get back a list of Support Groups for that area code.

NOTE: Some area codes will not have Support Groups.

I clicked on all the Canadian area codes and found only
a few areas have any listing at all.... Only 8 in all of Canada....

Now, I suspect there may be a few missing.... After all, we have
more than 40 support groups in my own province.

What can we do? Well, I plan to give NPF a little info on the
province of BC. I'll start with the name and contact info for
the BC Parkinson's Disease Assoc. I will include contact
info for the Co-ordinator of Support Services.

I encourage each of you to check your area code on NPF's
map and then find out who is responsible for support services
in your area and forward the pertinent info to NPF.

NPF also has a webpage for International Support Groups
http://www.parkinson.org/sg_inter.htm

PIE Net has subscribers in 37 countries so there are at least
37 of you who can check and possibly assist NPF if your
country's data is missing or outdated.

Arthur Hirsch also has a webpage in his melting pot at:
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/asupport.html

I encourage y'all to check your state on Art's site and see if
his info meets the test or could stand a little infusion of data.

If you live outside the US then scroll down Art's page to find
Support Groups in Canada by Province.  Keep on scrollin' to
Support Groups outside the U.S.A. and Canada.

These people have very generously provided these resources for
the Parkinson community.  We can support their efforts by
offering to share information.  Just Do It!  We is You!

The National Parkinson Foundation is constantly updating
its list of Parkinson's patient support groups. If you do not
find a group in your area from their on-line listing please call
or e-Mail them for further assistance.

Claudia Espinoza, Support Group Coordinator
at 1-800-327-4545   ext. 2985 or [log in to unmask]
or  http://www.parkinson.org/emailnpf.htm

Arthur Hirsch's E-mail is [log in to unmask]
Copy Art on any updates.

We can make a difference........ murray

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html