On 5 Jun 00, at 18:48, Robin wrote:

> I have 2 questions on how to improve my Mom's quality of life....
> She is now on Sinemet 25/100 and Comtan every 4 hours....
>
> 1.  She has almost "explosive" diarrhea or watery stool once or
> twice a day....

Robin,

Diarrhea can be a side effect of Comtan.  How much is she taking?
How was it introduced?  Gradually or all at once?

If it continues to be a problem, she can probably do without it. It's
not essential.  Comtan prolongs the effect of Sinemet, making its
effects somewhat smoother.  Without Comtan she may need to
take the Sinemet a little more frequently and may have somewhat
more dyskinesia.

Best wishes,

Phil Tompkins
Amherst MA