Marjorie, it's good to hear from you- been a while.

"Marjorie L. Moorefield" wrote:

> Marling,
> Having unresponsive body parts
>   seems to be quite common in a lot of PWP, but it seems
> to be just starting with me. I felt like an idiot setting there
> talking to my leg, and the more I talked, the more stubborn
> my leg became.
> I have had freezing before, but it would be when I would wake up
> in the morning, and then the only thing which would work would
> be my eyes.  I could open my eyes, but nothing else about me

There is a rare and curious psychosis called "alien hand", or
"alien
limb" syndrome, in which the patient feels that, although he can
move
it and feel sensation in it, the limb in question belongs to
somebody
else and is not under his control. If the psychosis is severe
enough
it may be necessary to prevent the patient from trying to get rid
of it.
I suspect that the syndrome occurs in a very wide range of
severity, and
in its mildest form might be related to the mysterious "freezing"
in PD
where feet simply refuse to move. Some PWP have found empirical
tactics
to overcome freezing, but IMHO true understanding is years away.
Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694