I'm Laura, CG for my husband of 43 years, Les Rogers, diagnosed with
Parkinsons
in 1995.  May I ask those who use Comtan, if you were advised that the
drug would
cause severe hallucinations?  My husband could not sleep because of
seeing people
in his closet, in the window; seeing bugs.  He would get down in the
floor in the corner
of his room, and I couldn't get him up.  When I reported this to our
neurologist, he
then prescribed seroquel.  What I would like to know is:  If it is
generally a given
that Comtan will cause hallucinations this bad, why couldn't the doctor
have started
seroquel at the same time, or maybe sooner to give it a chance to start
working
before he added the Comtan?  Do the hallucinations ever stop after one
has taken
Comtan for a long period of time?  If not, what is the point?  I am
almost really angry
over this whole episode, and feel that as an intelligent CG, should have
been given
more warning.  If I am on the wrong track, please give me some advice.
At this
point, I couldn't stand it any longer for both of us and took him off
the Comtan
2 days ago while still giving him Seroquel. We both slept all day today
from the
exhaustion of trying to take care of the results of the hallucinations.
I am going
to get a second opinion if we are accepted at Presbyterian Hospital in
Dallas.
I just think there must be a better way.   I am 64 years old and work at
an
Airline which has been more than supportive.  I need to work, and I am
using
up all my FMLA.  Anyway, now I am rambling.  If anyone can tell me if
they
have had a similar experience, I would really appreciate your reply.
              I appreciate all of you so much.  You have been a Godsend
to me.
I have learned many things which helps make his days better.
                             Laura Rogers