I was diagnosed in March of this year as having Parkinson's Disease.  I
sought medical assistance because of tremors in my left hand and arm.
Looking back, I now see that I had some symptoms for at least 3 years prior
to diagnosis.  I am 58 and retired.

My neurologist has prescribed Mirapex (.5mg, three times a day) and Eldepryl
(5mg twice a day).  The tremors have improved somewhat.

I have some questions, and would welcome your comments:  I have noted with
interest the discussions regarding the most appropriate treatment.  My
neurologist is willing to prescribe Sinemet if I insist, but it is his
opinion that the current combination he has me on is best at this early
stage.  I am finding it very difficult to make this decision.  It seems like
a gamble with high stakes, and am looking for suggestions and comments to
assist me.

Also, my neurologist has me taking 1000mg of Vitamin E twice a day.  I have
pointed out to him that this is of questionable value, but he argues this
point with me.  What is your understanding?

I will appreciate any comments.

Dave Bergford
Dadeville, AL

.