janet paterson wrote:
> Pharmacokinetic optimisation in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
>"Drug transport from plasma to the brain is mediated by the same
 carriers operating in the intestinal mucosa."

Now, THAT's a bit of interesting news to me. I wonder how they
know that.

All the other cited papers, and also those in Kathrynne's
posting, deal
with effects of protein intake on *plasma* concentration of
levodopa,
and not with the blood-*brain* barrier- precisely the point I
originally
made.

I'm in no position to pass judgement on a professional journal
such as
Clinical Neuropharmacology (which often contains items I use
myself),
but from years of study I have developed a sense of very definite
differences in the character of articles that get published in
the
different journals that I routinely scan, quite apart from the
expected
differences in subject emphasis; and I guess I'll leave it at
that.
Cheers,
Joe
--