---- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "rovee" <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: <[log in to unmask]>
Verzonden: dinsdag 6 juni 2000 3:48
Onderwerp: Re: Newly Diagnosed With Questions

Hi Robin,

If you think you still have trouble replying to the list, and want to reply
to my message, you can send me a reply-message to my private address:

You had 2 questions. I have some comments concerning the diahrrea.

>> wheelchair bound and she cannot take agonists anymore because she is very
sensitive to dyskinesias. She is now on Sinemet 25/100 and Comtan every 4
hours. <<

Causes:
- Sinemet can cause diarrhea in some patients
- Comtan can cause diarrhea in some patients
- depending on your mothers age and general condition diarrhea can have
several non-pd causes.

Any severe diarrhea for longer than three to five days is a serious matter
and should ALWAYS be examined by a physician!! Because it can cause serious
loss of nutritions and dehydration!! Or it even can be an indication of
(another) serious disease that needs to be treated.

If the nurse is stating it is not diarrhea/not a problem, she should have an
acceptable explanation/opinion of what the problem then is. If not you
should somehow get the help of a(nother) physician for your mother, to take
a serious look at the problem.

Hans.