rovee wrote:
> 1.  She has almost "explosive" diarrhea or watery stool once or twice a day.
> She is miserable and the nurse at her assisted living facility is not seeing
> this as a problem because I do not think the care managers are reporting the
> frequency and she says it is not diarrhea.  Any ideas for solutions?  Is
> this a PD problem or a PD meds problem?  I have also ordered Kathrynne
> Holden's nutrition book to see if I can get the nurse and or her doctor to
> order a better diet.

Robin,
Your mother's assisted living facility should have access to a
registered dietitian. If not, her physician can refer her to an RD.
There are both dietary means and special products that can help with
diarrhea; the RD will have access to your mother's medical records and
will be able to select the best means of helping control her diarrhea.

My very best regards to you and your mother,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/