My reply to email from Mr. Page @ Lilly.

Question to list: would anybody else like to second my thoughts directly to
Mr. Page?

-----Original Message-----
From:   Larry Fleming [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 07, 2000 10:16 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Permax

Stephen,

Thanks for info.  I was diagnosed three years ago and I just added Permax
(.5mg X 3/day) to my existing selegiline regime.  I must say I have noticed
a considerable improvement in the quality of life.

I do however expect to be eventually priced out of my health insurance
coverage.  I have an eighty year old friend with PD who was priced out along
time ago and had to discontinue her Permax because she could not afford it.

When I was younger I worked in a pharmacy and the pharmacy openly advertised
an insulin discount with Lilly's support (I believe).  Could not Lilly again
promote the reduced price sale of Permax to the PWP's who can no longer
afford third party coverage and have to pay cash?

I think you would find a sales increase because of the increase in scripts
that are filled and not thrown away.  This would also fend off the
production of Pergolide Mesylate by the generic companies.   The intangible
would be the PR and respect that would be well deserved from the PD
community (including national exposure through involvement with Michael J.
Fox et al).

Do you see any merit to these ideas?

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.

Larry Fleming
www.bpl-online.com
www.flemco.com