Jim,

I'd get a second opinion from a neuro emphasizing PD in his or her
practice.  I started with a "general" neurologist, but declined starting
meds till I had a chance to investigate.  Research suggested starting
with Sinemet was unwise if an agonist would work.

I went to a PD Center of Excellence, and sure enough Requip was
recommended.  It is doing a good job going on 9 months of treatment, and
studies seem to be showing that this is a wise way to start treatment in
mild cases.  I am 59, symptomatic somewhere near five years.  My golf
game made a come back.

Chuck