Sorry folks, but we're just vis'tin' here, but I stuck NONPD in the subject.

Bill, this reminded me of a couple of funny stories. We have some good
neighbor friends (he flies RC, also) who would remind you of Ray's Mother
and Father in Everybody Loves Raymond (which I think is one of the best
shows on TV, poor guy!), but they truly do love each other deeply. It's just
they both have a dry cutting wit and speak before they think. It is
absolutely hilarious to be around the two of them once you realize they are
not mad at each other. They have a sweet female black Lab named Madam who is
not aloof as the name would imply. Fred told me one day how she got her
name.
Cheryl was the one who had brought the dog home. They had not named her and
Cheryl would yell at Fred to let the dog out (or in) or to do this or do
that. He finally started responding, "She's not MY damn dog!" After a few
times of saying this it started coming out, "She's not myDAMN dog!" Thus was
born the name Madam. She has a companion cross, mostly Beagle, named
Woodstock. Those two are a pair. Woodstock is the brains and Madam is the
brawn. Fred has trained them to go sit on the carpet at the edge of the
Den/Kitchen while he fills their food bowls or if they have been too much
underfoot. All he has to say is "CARPET" and two doggie behinds are
immediate transported to that spot, with only enough of their backside on
the carpet to be called legal.