Dear Chuck-- I remember your post, because it struck me as very well
written and thoughtful---I meant to respond, but got "snowed in", and then
time passed.........I agree with Juanita that the PIEN list, like CARE, is
a place to deal with feelings .  Perhaps over time the threads flow one
way, then another, but in the past it has never been true that feelings are
taboo.  In my experience, a thread one introduces may not spark others at
first, but  it doesn't mean there is no interest......try again!  This kind
of sharing is "par for the course" on CARE, I might add,  and perhaps the
fact that it is a smaller list helps., though our membership is now inching
toward 400.   I'm sorry if you felt ignored---I expect that there were many
like me who appreciated your thoughts and never told you so.  Please don't
give up on us !
perhaps suggesting a subject out of your own experience would work  this
time....I often do that on CARE when there is a lull, and believe me, it
usually strikes a chord with others, as is true with the poetry that list
members share at times..
I personally am up to my ears in lists, and couldn't tackle another one,
inviting though it might be---
let's try to do it here.....again.

And BTW, my NOW is OK, but that was not true 2 hours ago-----that's PD
-caregiving for you!

>My last "vulnerable feelings" post received one response (thank's JoAnn),
>leading me to believe that my PD focus is out of step with the majority
>of the group, so if any of you would like to discuss these issues
>(perhaps reluctant to do so on the "big" list), as part of small list of
>PWP and CG's, please post me.  I will create a group list and hopefully
>we can form a small discussion group, utilizing our E Mail program's
>internal list device so that everyone gets copied with shares.  If it
>proves helpful to enough people I understand a list server could be
>acquired at a modest cost.
>
>I would propose that we take turns in choosing a weekly topic to exchange
>views about.  This could be as simple as "Depression," or "Anger" or a
>little more elaborate, such as "What are the positive things PD has
>brought into your life."  An always OK topic would be "How is your NOW,"
>a catch all to allow discussion of today's experience with PD, its
>challenges, absurdities, teaching ability, etc.
>
>If anyone is interested, please advise, and you are welcome to post me
>privately.
>
>Chuck Murray

      Camilla Flintermann             <[log in to unmask]>

On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

        "... Meet people where  they are  now,
                 not where you hope they might be........"
                --Christine Greenland