I have a mixed terrier and I love him.  His name is PD, and one of
the reasons I got him was to have someone with me all the time.
He has learned to come when called, even if I cannot yell.  He
howls to get others attention if I fall.  If I have just fallen off the edge
of my bed and need a hand-hold to get up, he will lay down exactly
where I tell him and let me grab his collar and pull.  I tell him pull
and he holds back and lets me pull myself up.  He is quick to learn
and I love him.
He can be frustrating in that he will not let me leave my yard
without him if I am walking, even to go just next door.
He also seems to sense when I just need a loving touch and will
put his head on my foot when it is shaking and does not mind if I
keep shaking.

Marling
51//5
still trying to laugh