We've had whippets for about 40 years and find them to be the greatest,
the gentlest, the sweetest, and the most beautiful dogs I know.  My son
has just lost one that he's had for 14 years and we are all mourning.
But a Parkinson dog needs special training and there is one place in
Chadds Ford, PA.  They are trained to step on your foot when you freeze
prompting you to move; they also hold fast when you lose your balance.
The president of our support group recently lost a Great Dane and he is
getting another next month.  He will go to Chadds Ford for 2-3 weeks to
bond with the dog before bringing him home.  I do not remember the name
of the kennel off-hand but they do have a web site.
I suspect that the yellow lab is probably more common for this kind of
specialized training.
Best of luck,
Michel