It may be how the dog was trained. I recently went thru dog obedience
training with my Lab. The left turn needs a "signal". The way we were taught
is to kick up the right knee while turning left. The dog may be mistaking
your turn as a fall because it is not given the signal, which I suppose would
be difficult for a pwp. If you know who trained the dog, perhaps you could
ask them how to handle the situation.
Bonnie
daughter of Jim 77/72
*   *   *